Monday, May 14, 2012

See Her

Swaying and gyrating her body
We walked side by side
She told me her name today
And when she smiled
My joints watered.
I was overcame with desire
As she lifted my spirit higher.
I hope to see her tomorrow
For the sight of her clears my sorrow
Planting hope joy and other virtues
Where vices once roamed.
I told her my name
She reached and held my arm
Soothingly soft was her palm
We held hands
Making a point of avoiding each other’s gaze,
Suddenly she had to go.
Reluctantly our hands parted
Our gaze locked
I kept looking, her beauty baffling me
She wanted to say something
I wanted to tell her
But she had to go.
I hope to see her tomorrow
I can’t live with this sorrow
I have to see her tomorrow.
                                                © Steve Karathi

No comments:

Post a Comment