Monday, May 7, 2012

Doodling



My first teacher taught and encouraged me to doodle,
Back then a pencil and paper was enough.
I try doodling now and am derided
Yet, it is an art I enjoy.
If only am young,
I could doodle the whole day;
only Mum would complain of paper wastage.
When not doodling on paper,
I would be doing it on the ground
Where the soil is loose,
soil my clothes, get the beatings
but I never stopped doodling.
Old as I now am,
With all papers and “penis”,
am bereft of my childhood freedom.
You all don’t understand,
I love doodling.
The pen and paper are mine,
Yet you won’t let me doodle?
I want my freedom,
Coz just like doodling is not drawing
I’m not claiming to be a poet
But since you chastise my use of lines,
I’ll use words,
to revive my childhood dream.
                                                                Steve Karathi.

No comments:

Post a Comment