Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Introduction


Blogging is like keeping a journal. You have to tell your story in the most personal way, relate your experiences without  caring who will read what you write. Like any other personal writing blogging
leave your mind naked and worse; you do not know who will read what you write. You write simply
because you want to, not because you have a particular audience you want to address. To many it is a mode of unwinding and with that in mind you can tolerate the mosquito bites as you struggle to to fill the page late at night so can hide it somewhere in the net. You write because you have a subtle urge to.

You want to share your experiences with the world not because you think you are interesting or have an eye to details but because you are a lonely introvert who want to reach out to an audience unbeknown to you. You want to hear the opinion of people you have never met and in the process share your experiences and relate with each other. A great command of language need not be a requirement, after all you want it to remain a normal conversation and above all you want to tell your story in a language that many can relate with.

It is one those adventures you take to kill time, to keep yourself busy on those insomniac nights and audit your experiences while trying to nurture and cultivate a discipline. Routine work has never been ideal for me; the only thing I have observed with religious accuracy is only sleeping. I am one of those guys who never obey an alarm, who have a record of sleeping up to noon and had to think of sleep immediately they woke up. I know then that keeping a regular update of this blog is going to be a challenge but it is a challenge that I am up to. I am willing to brace the mosquito bites, to sacrifice some sleep just to keep this post running. In the meantime, I think my prayer tonight should comprise a bout of frequent insomniac nights just to keep me awake writing.

Whenever people ask me about my interests, am quick to quip, albeit at times impetuously, that I have an interest in writing. Obviously the question that follows is what do you write? And that is where stuttering and stammering commences. I am at pains to explain that I write short stories and have been working on a particular novel for quite some time now but they are things I never shared with anyone. I hope that in this platform I will get to share some of the pieces I have written, that I get to engage with my readers and ultimately get to write more. 

This blog is public and any reader is free to comment. I will respect difference of opinion from various readers so feel free to leave a comment or a suggestion. As Abraham Lincoln once said, “The public is the only critic whose opinion is worth anything at all”. You criticism are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment